We are excited to announce that starting the weekend of May 4th and 5th 2019 we will be launching our first “season” of the Taranis House League! This league is being designed to be fun, inclusive, and have a good level of competitiveness and sportsmanship. One of the things we pride ourselves on at Taranis is enforcing quality movements, clean reps, and well-organized events. We will be bringing this same level of quality to you during our in-house league!
The details of the league will be somewhat organic in nature and may change season-to-season based on what works and what doesn’t work but rest assured, any changes throughout time will be undoubtedly better for the overall experience of the athletes and referees. Here are some main points to get you started:
TEAM AND SCHEDULE INFORMATION
- Teams will be comprised of two-to-three athletes. Two athletes will compete per game.
- There are no sex/gender requirements per team
- Games (matches) will take place on Saturdays and Sundays. The MOST LIKELY times will be 11:30AM-1:00PM on Saturdays and 2:00PM-4:00PM on Sundays.
- Seasons will last between 5 and 7 weeks that will include round robin play, playoffs and finals.
- The number of games and number of weeks will be dependent on the number of teams that register. You could be scheduled for multiple games in a weekend.
- Teams can make substitutions game-to-game but NOT during a game. You must be able to field two athletes to play that game but the third athlete on the team DOES NOT have to be present.
- Games will be in a head-to-head format resulting in a win/loss record
- Win/Loss record will determine the SINGLE KNOCK-OUT playoff bracket.
- Depending on the number of teams registered you MAY be put into pools and/or divisions for ease of match-up scheduling.
- You will be placed into the divisions/pools based on the opinions of an oversight committee.
FEES AND OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
- The Oversight Committee will be in charge of workouts, schedule, rules, dispute resolution, and any other administrative duties of the league.
- All games will be officiated by a paid referee and a member of the oversight committee will supervise all game days.
- You ARE permitted to participate in the league and also be a referee, however referees will not referee in their own pool or division. Bear in mind that the time commitment for this could be quite demanding if you are doing both.
- Any disputes arising from refereeing or other issues will follow a dispute resolution process.
- League fees will be approximately $150 per team and will go to cover referee fees, oversight supervisor, division winner prize money, facility/league administration, insurance and overhead. League fees are subject to change depending on actual operating costs and prize money.
- Division winner prize money will be dependent on number of teams registered.
Once your team is registered and you have determined a team name and established who will be the team captain, you are ready to go for the competition. The Team Captain must attend an information session on April 27, 2019 at 11:30AM at Taranis. At this meeting we will go over the rules and expectations of teams and athletes. Our goal is to try and have the schedule of games and workouts completed for the Captain’s meeting so teams can begin to plan their strategies and to deal with any potential scheduling conflicts. If all of the workouts are not ready for the captain’s meeting, they will all be ready by the first game day in May.
Team registration deadline: April 22nd, 2019.
Team Captain’s meeting: April 27, 2019 at 11:30am
League fees due(cash): May 1, 2019.